Friday, June 11, 2010

Got a wonderful donation today

I inventoried donated computer equipment from a company in Piscataway New Jersey today.

Great equipment. About 70 desktops; 25 or so servers; two self-cooling data center racks and a bunch of ancillary equipment. This stuff is some of what I mentioned in Thursday's posts. The equipment is used but in great shape.

This technology infrastructure is going to fundamentally change a lot of lives. I am very excited. Combined with donations from individuals and companies including IBM I now have about one full twenty foot container of equipment to get to Haiti.

Compared to securing the donations and moving the equipment to Haiti the deployment and installation will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions or anything anyone wishes to post on the situation in Haiti.