Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The reason for the rant...

I live in Florida and work in New York. I had seven client meetings yesterday it was a very long day.

One of the meetings was at a company (I can't say the name) that has, hands down, the most opulent facility I have ever seen. Fifteen or twenty floors of office building. On every floor two, not one, food/coffee bars. Everything free. All of these people rushing around doing their work and stopping to get a coffee or juice or something to eat.

I sat there for half an hour waiting for my meeting. Watching all of these people go by. Thinking of the streets of Port au Prince. Knowing that if we transported 1,000 Haitians into that building they would think that aliens had abducted them and taken them to the mother ship of Doritos and Coke.

It weighs on one. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, questions or anything anyone wishes to post on the situation in Haiti.